Our MI-Series miniature interferometers equipped with triplefaceted retroreflectors are precision length measurement instruments designed for incorporation into customer supplied systems, and are readily adapted to suit a wide variety of experimental setups and tasks. The miniaturized sensor head and triple-faceted retroreflector allow for their employment as permanently installed metrological systems. The fiberoptic coupled sensor head provides major benefits in many types of applications and makes the overall metrological systems moreversatile. The miniature interferometer converts motions of the triple-faceted retroreflector into optical interference signals that are transmitted to the opto-electronic signal processing/power supply unit for processing and output as lengths. A HeNe laser serves as the light source for the miniature interferometer andis frequency stabilized on models with large dynamic ranges.
Compensation of environmental influences form the basis for high metric precisions and are achieved through the correction of laser wavelengths.
The instruments themselves are free of linearity errors.
Instrument operation and display of measurement results are controlled either through a separate keypad/display unit or a PC running the software package supplied
- Ultraprecise length measurement instruments
- Versatile instruments for incorporation intocustomer supplied systems, readily adaptableto suit a wide variety of tasks, easy to align
- Allows high retroreflector translation rates
- Insensitive to retroreflector angularmisalignments
- Fiberoptic coupled sensor head
- Causes no thermal interference
- Employs signal-acquisition/transmission hardware immune to electromagnetic interference
- Employs a HeNe Laser with high frequency stability as a length standard
- Corrects for variations in laser wavelength caused by ambient conditions